Tuesday, September 19

Birthday Preperation

My dad's 53rd birthday is the 28th of this month. I wanted to do something good for him since he usually insists we all but ignore it. (Even though I know he loves it when we do something big. For his 50th we had a big party and he was thrilled.)

So I'm roaming around eBay, not looking for anything really and then I look over to the Wild's website (my hockey team) to see when they're first game is going to be. I see there's a game on my birthday, which thrilled me. I go to find tickets, nothing, so I go back to eBay so see if there's any there and there wasn't. But then I remembered dad's birthday, and that we hadn't done anything yet. So I looked up sports tickets around his birthday. Then I saw Viking's tickets, and dad's wanted to go to a game so bad. He's never been to one before. BUT they were $300 and nothing cheaper. Buying them through ticketmaster was still expensive. So I dropped that idea.

And then I remembered.

The Twins have a game. ON dad's birthday.

I looked up the best available tickets, and it was $130 total. I told mom and she handed me the credit card.

FINALLY a gift for dad that isn't more shirts lol (He's the hardest person in my family to shop for, period.)

I have to admit I'm excited too, I love the Twins (win or lose), and I haven't been to a game in at least two years. Plus they are GREAT seats. I marked off the section our seats are in, in this picture. Don't remember the row, but that doesn't really matter, the Metrodome is well designed. No such thing as bad seats. (Unless you're behind a pole lol)

I had to make a few stories up to dad though. One for why mom needed me to have the credit card, one for why there were layouts the Xcel Center and the Metrodome, and one for why I had ticket prices from eBay on a post-it lol I'm not good at lying, but I know I have to, gotta keep it as much of a surprise as possible.

Still wondering what else to do. I think I want to bake a cake, something he hasn't had in a while. I know my grandma used to bake a strawberry cake every year for him. But he has a thing for german chocolate too. Hmm... I don't know. I'll have to ask mom.

I don't like that I can't make him dinner since the game is at seven o'clock. Mom and I always make a nice dinner. It's just tradition. Blah. Hate giving that up.

Anyway, just random splatter of thoughts from this.

5 Comments:

Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

What a GREAT gift! But I'm not surprised, Lily...you ROCK! Happy Birthday to your Dad, who is YOUNGER than I am! ;p

Judi

19/9/06 5:58 PM  
Blogger Charley said...

A great gift, Lily! I've been to the metrodome and you're right, there are nothing but good seats! I hate that bag ceiling, though :).

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

19/9/06 7:54 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Boy I sit and write that whole article about the Horrors Of Dad Shopping, and you get a great gift in ONE SHOT!

Show-off, lol. Good imaginative gift, if you ask me.

Jimmy

20/9/06 12:53 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I hope your dad has a great birthday! :)
http://blog.myspace.com/poptartcoco

20/9/06 7:12 PM  
Blogger betty said...

wonderful idea for a gift, Lily! He will enjoy it!! Maybe you can make him a special dinner the day after or the weekend??

20/9/06 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home