Thursday, August 24

Mini Trip

Going to be spending the night in Rochester, my mom has a really early appointment with the Mayo and it's a long drive for us so I'm leaving pretty quick. We'll spend the night in a hotel and drive back tomorrow after all the appointments. Just routine blood work. No big deal.

I wrote my aunt today and I'm wondering if I should have said this:

He really misses you... He doesn't talk about it but I see it when you come up in conversation. He looks sadder then... I think ever since grandma died I think he feels alone. Mom tells me more than he does... You were all he had for so long and now you two never see each other, or really talk.... I know it's not my business. I just think you should know how bad he misses you... He's just such a... guy, he doesn't talk like that. You know how men are, the majority don't talk about "feelings" and all that "girl stuff." ::eyeroll::


I'm worried I should have kept my mouth shut. Dad and mom haven't talked to Aunt Donna at all about how bad she's hurt them. She's hurt me too... Shouldn't I at least make her think about it? The fact that she's taken on her husband's family and forgotten her own and only family?

My aunt isn't a bad person, she's just not a thoughtful person like that. I know she doesn't mean to hurt my dad, but she has, and shouldn't I open that door? Encourage her to reach out to him?

I don't know... I'm just hoping I did the right thing. Feedback is welcome. I'll fill in more details when I get back.

Wish me a safe trip!

2 Comments:

Blogger betty said...

Lily; wishing you a safe trip. I think you did the right thing emailing your aunt. You did it out of love for your father. I hope he realizes how much you love him and how much you want him to have some happiness in his life connected with his sister.

24/8/06 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good trip. I've heard of numerous reports of damage in that area last night, if you saw it, take a picture! lol

I think you did the right thing with the letter, you'll have to fill me in about it all when you get back.

-Andrew
-Your personal forecaster.
substance829.blogspot.com

25/8/06 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home