Tuesday, May 5

So It's Only Been... Five Months

::shifts::

Ahem... ::light cough::

Oh well hi there! Yeah... I know. Tell me about it right?

So... an update... At almost 3am.

I'm getting a promotion. Key holder. Haha. Sweet. (Let me pause a moment to reflect on the fact that I work at a chocolate store and just called my promotion sweet.... He...)

You all know my aunt moved to AZ, and my cousin was moving to Mexico... Well my cousin came back, and then she'll be moving to AZ too...

My grandma is moving to OKC. She lost her house to foreclosure. ONE missed payment. That's all it took. I don't want to get into why we couldn't fight it, it's long and complicated and frankly, I went to the auction of her things Sunday, and I just don't have the heart.

My youngest cousin is moving with her, as well as my "uncle" and "cousins" one of which is my autistic cousin. They'll be living with my uncle. We're having a debate as to whether or not my uncle knows he's having more than his mother move in. Somehow I doubt he knows yet.

So... Yet again, here I am, all alone, no family. It's once again, my and my parents and that's it.

Will and I are looking at apts. Found a nice place just south of Minneapolis that has promise. Easy commute for both of us. He's still at his place in St Paul, I'm still rooming in my folks basement.

I managed to get my evil assistant manager fired. We ALL celebrated that one.

I scored 100% on my first secret shop. I know. I rock lol

I feel drained lately. Like I'm just coasting, going through the motions.

Music doesn't move me, books are just words on a page, my friends aren't even enough lately to get me in good spirits. And my mini me is almost always capable of getting me uplifted. She always does that. I wish her and I worked together more often, I adore her so much.

I only have a five hour shift tomorrow. And I work with a girl (key holder) that I don't particularly like.

We have a guy from our insurance company coming by the house in the morning. Our roof is leaking.

I dug up a bunch of my grandma's plants. I refused to leave a lot of it. Mom's going to be planting it in the backyard tomorrow.

My kitty has gotten so big. He's so ornery lol He and the dog wrestle like mad in the floor almost every night.

My mice are getting old... I keep worrying about them.

My pup isn't a pup anymore and I'm having a hard time accepting he's a senior citizen now... Arthritis in his hips... Sigh... I'm going to have to put him on a new diet for that...

I think I'm going to get to bed. I see SOME of you have found me on a certain other website... Ahem lol If you have my email feel free to add me. It's under my legit name so don't freak out lol

I miss you guys. A lot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charley said...

And we miss you, L :).

I've been patiently waiting, and I'm thrilled to see you back. If you're looking for motivation we can pretend we're writing letters back and forth :), I dunno - something or anything that might help - i HATE these funks!

5/5/09 6:44 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Well, good to see you my friend!
What is "secret shop"...you doing that secret shoppers thingie on the side? I always wanted to do that...IF that's it!
Glad the furries are well...mine are too.
A chocolate shop? Are you kidding me? Can I be you for just a day?

Missed you!
xo,
Nancy

6/5/09 9:23 AM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

It's great to see you again, Lily! Hang in there. I'll be looking for you on that other website.

:)

Judi

6/5/09 10:42 AM  
Blogger betty said...

dang, I deactivatd that other websight I believe you are alluding to. I might have to reactivate it to try to find you

congrats on the promotion!!

I didn't realize you/Wil were in the same state now; I thought he was still in New York; missed that somehow in my years of non-blogging

sorry your grandmother lost her house; it is sad to see it happen all around us but for an older person, that must be especially hard!

take care of yourself Lily

betty

3/6/09 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home