Wednesday, April 9

Take a Moment

Take a moment to go read this post. Go ahead I'll wait. Leave your comment.

Go call your mom, your dad, your brother, your sister, your kids, your best friend, whoever you need to. Life it precious. Don't put saying I love you on hold.

Having lost two grandparents to cancer, and my great aunt who I loved very much, this post hits me so hard. I understand the battle, I understand the feeling of hope and dread, and that terrible moment when the doctor answers the seemingly innocent question of, "How bad is it?"

Your world falls out. The rug has been pulled. There's a moment when you can't hear what the doctor is saying anymore and your stomach feels like it's vanished into thin air. You're nauseous, you're afraid, you're in a silent state of panic.

Take the time to offer this woman support. You have absolutely no idea how much these little things, these little comments can mean. You don't know the source of support you can provide her. I'm asking you, from the bottom of my heart, give this woman enough time to read her posts and help bare her burden. For you it lasts the length of the post and the time it takes to write a comment. For her and her children, her whole family, it doesn't ever end.

Just take a moment for this.

And, if you can take a few more moments, the video of her in a tiara is adorable lol

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I took the moment.

Had trouble posting...kept saying it was a duplicate post so they'll either be one or 25 from me. lol

She seems very special. Cancer sure knows how to pick the good ones somehow. I don't get it.

Nice of you to post....

Love,
Nancy

10/4/08 8:03 AM  
Blogger goddessdivine said...

Life really is precious. Thoughtful post.

10/4/08 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home