Monday, March 31

100 Things About Me in Spring of '08

So yeah yearly (or bi yearly, idk when I did the last one) edition of 100 things is out. Enjoy. Or not. Does anyone ever actually read these things?

  1. I hate toothpaste. It makes my mouth feel weird. I do however love mouthwash.
  2. When I listen to music alone, I sing. Loud. Very.
  3. I have no idea if I CAN sing.
  4. I just adopted three little baby mice named Cornelia, Cat (Catrina), and Cinder (Cinderella) and their exercise wheel is making me crazy, but they're very loving and sweet.
  5. I didn't tell my dad I was adopting them from a rescue center lol
  6. I had no idea how to sex mice until after I got them.
  7. I also had no idea that male mice don't have nipples. Go figure. Men do but male mice don't. What's up with that?
  8. I love reggae but I don't own any true reggae CDs, I only have one Ziggy Marley CD that I bought a week ago.
  9. I've never had a hero. Ever.
  10. The idea of handling large amount of money terrifies me.
  11. I always wanted to go on American Idol, but Paula Abdul scares the SHIT out of me.
  12. I have no issue cutting ties with people who find my childhood undesirable. I grew up on a carnival. Take it or leave me alone.
  13. The older I get the more bitchy I tend to be.
  14. I'm afraid I'll turn into my grandma. At least, the parts that make me crazy.
  15. Stubborn doesn't BEGIN to describe me.
  16. I am one of the most passionate people you'll ever meet and chances are you'll never actually understand that.
  17. Jealousy is a virtue I possess in large quantities. I was jealous of a girl Will worked with once, because he'd complain about her. Whether the image of her I had was accurate enough to justify my attitude over her I'll have no idea.
  18. I don't think I have more than a few years left with my grandma. I can feel it in my bones.
  19. Will's moving here end of May and I am scared to death.
  20. I'm going to really miss a reason to go to NY lol
  21. I love pistachios.
  22. I go through waves of drinking tons of water, then waves of drinking nearly nothing.
  23. I have had nightmares every night of my life for the last thirteen years.
  24. I don't mind being naked in front of people, male or female. A body is a body. Boobs are boobs and an ass is an ass. Everybody has a body lol
  25. I can be insanely self conscious about my boobs. Only two people really know why. Only one has seen em and he told me they're "great." I still don't believe him lol
  26. Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night I think someone is standing over me.
  27. I'm a huge skeptic, but I believe in aliens, ghosts, and big foot lol I just believe most people are either nuts, misinformed, or lying.
  28. My favorite author's are John Steinbeck, Alice Hoffman, Cornelia Funke, and Philip Pullman.
  29. I can read a children's book and a current affairs commentary in the same week.
  30. Growing up is completely overrated and I knew that when I was five.
  31. I cried when I turned ten. I knew I wasn't going to be a little kid anymore.
  32. I talk to my grandpa when no one else is around. I ask him to take care of my mom, watch out for her. He'll be dead seven years April 13th.
  33. When I miss my family I read the play my grandpa Clyde wrote when he was in the Air Force in WWII. It makes me laugh and remember how wonderful he was. And that, long ago, my family was close and loving, and my childhood was beautiful.
  34. I've cried more this year, than in the entire second half of last year combined.
  35. Jack Johnson's music makes me smile every time. Banana Pancakes has always been my favorite song because my mom used to make banana pancakes just for me and her.
  36. Will had never had banana pancakes until he stayed with us. I loved that I was able to give him an experience that was very important to me. He doesn't know that.
  37. I feel an obligation to give up everything, if it makes someone else's life better.
  38. I blame my VBS teacher for that. I was six and she told us joy is spelled J for Jesus first, O for others second, and Y for yourself last. I thought that if I did anything for myself first I was betraying God.
  39. It wasn't until the last few years I realized that part of reveling in the glory of life is doing things for myself because I want them.
  40. I like CZ more than diamonds.
  41. I think stainless steel is ugly.
  42. The combination of red and black or black and white turn me on, and I have no idea why.
  43. I don't like many of my cousins. I can think of maybe three I like, and they're all from different parts of my family, and one isn't even blood related and is about 24 yrs older than me and I haven't seen him in about four years.
  44. I crave asparagus.
  45. I think spinach, raw, is the best thing ever. I can open a bag, sit on the couch, and eat it like chips.
  46. I can't stand the taste of Dr Pepper anymore. I can only drink Coke or Pepsi. I know, natural enemies and I like them both.
  47. I think women are the most beautiful creation God made. And men are the perfect compliment to that.
  48. Most women confuse the hell out of me.
  49. I'm closer to men than any women.
  50. Whenever the mantel clock chimes that was my grandma's, I say "hi grandma" because after we had packed all her things, we were getting ready to leave, and just as the door was about to close, the clock chimed, and chimed, and chimed. So we took it with it, I didn't want to leave it there anyway. It's never chimed like that since. If there's anything I feel my grandma around, it's that clock.
  51. When I was little mom let me watch Stephen King's It. I'm still afraid of spiders, most clown objects (not actual clowns, my grandma Judy was a clown), and drains make me nervous.
  52. I had three grandmas. My dad's mom (Barbara), my mom's mom (Mary), and my mom's step mom (Judy). My grandma Judy and grandma Mary are best friends.
  53. My grandparents never fought over me because they had other grandchildren that lived right there. I always felt I was an afterthought to them. My cousins meant more. I still think they do.
  54. I still wouldn't have had anyone else for my grandparents.
  55. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii.
  56. And Jamaica.
  57. And Asia.
  58. And Europe.
  59. And Alaska.
  60. The Kooks are awesome.
  61. Jimi Hendrix was a genius.
  62. Bob Marley was amazing.
  63. I should have been alive in the 60's and 70's.
  64. Aerosmith was better in the early days. But they still rock.
  65. My new bedroom is goldenrod yellow. Except in the daylight. Then it's greenish. I'm dying to paint.
  66. So far, I'm like the only one to remember to check the mail in our new place.
  67. I had a goldfish named Pig, a cat named Bugs, and now a mouse named Cat. I think there's something wrong with me.
  68. Oh and Bloc Party kicks ass too.
  69. I make great baklava.
  70. I also make great lasagna.
  71. I've only truly deeply loved a few people in my life. People would say I've loved much more than that, but I love so easily how I refer to love is much more particular than most. I only think I've loved a few very deeply.
  72. I've thought about furthering my education and trying to become a cop. Then I remember how crazy some of the cops I knew were, simply because of everything they'd seen in their work and I know I'm not tough enough to take it.
  73. When I was younger I wanted to be in the military. Part of me still does. I wonder sometimes if I can take the talents I do have and translate them into working for my country.
  74. I love being an American. I'm very proud of it.
  75. The furthest back I can trace my American roots is the early 1500's. I'm proud to know my blood has been in this soil since the beginning.
  76. Since I have both Cherokee and Sioux bloodlines I know I go back further than that, but that's impossible to trace.
  77. I don't want to vote for anyone that's running for president. They all make me nauseous.
  78. I can't believe this is my first time to vote in a presidential election and they had to make it one hell of a hard one.
  79. I'm considering going ahead and completing the mockery this election has been made into and voting for Snoopy. We've had plenty of dogs in the White House, might as well be a lovable and loyal one.
  80. I love that I was born in the 80's, but I hate what my mother forced me to wear during the end of the 80's and the early 90's. I wonder what the hell people were thinking whenever I look at pictures. There WERE mirrors back then right?
  81. To elaborate on that thought, I look at tv now and think... They DO have mirrors right?
  82. I stopped highlighting my hair over a year ago now, and you can't tell, my hair is slightly darker.
  83. I want to see Horton Hears a Who so bad it hurts.
  84. I want a puppy for Biscuit after Will and I move in together, and he's not only fine with that, but is fine with the fact that I want a corgi or some other medium sized quirky looking little dog lol
  85. I love bull terriers.
  86. I'm going to start a political blog but I haven't decided what to name it yet.
  87. I'm allergic to honey and watermelons.
  88. The only medicine I'm allergic to is sulpha drugs.
  89. I own a Justin Timberlake CD... and I listen to it. I do expect you to stop reading this now lol
  90. I have a possessive and obsessive personality.
  91. I STILL straighten out the gum packs and stuff when I'm standing in line. It makes me nuts.
  92. People now say I look like my mother. After 20 yrs of them saying "oh you look just like your father!"
  93. I love to cuddle and hug. I'm very physical.
  94. I think kissing cures everything.
  95. Ice cream makes everything better.
  96. I've really been struggling through this list lol
  97. I'm happy that I could make that part of the list lol and this
  98. I miss the south almost as much as I miss NY.
  99. I miss my childhood friends.
  100. I don't know everything about me yet, and somehow that's comforting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Well congratulations on making a nice new spring post just in time for a blizzard!

"Does anyone ever actually read these things?"

Yes, I do.

"The older I get the more bitchy I tend to be."

Boy, tell me about it.



Um...I mean...I love you! Honest!

"I'm considering going ahead and completely the mockery this election has been made into and voting for Snoopy. We've had plenty of dogs in the White House, might as well be a lovable and loyal one."

Or you can vote for me. I'm just as much of a dog but I know to only pee on the lawn. And I'm pretty sure nobody would take me seriously, which would be a good thing. Nobody needs to follow me into Dante's Inferno!

31/3/08 7:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

This is one of those posts, that I will have to copy and paste into an email and respond to a bunch of stuff that way.

Look for it.

Hugs,
Nancy

PS Love Natick...that song isn't on my CD though! : (

1/4/08 7:45 AM  
Blogger goddessdivine said...

Fun post.

I love 77 and 78. This will be one of the hardest election years for me.

10/4/08 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home