Sunday, February 3

The Absolutely "Awwness" of it All

Can I just saw awwwwww here? lol Jimmy (the sweetheart) gave me this award, which SO made MY day. I really couldn't help smiling, especially when it was followed with a slap on the wrist for not writing much lately. (Like how cute IS that? lol)

::sniffling tear filled BS acceptance speech:: I want to thank all the little people that made this possible... Whoever invented the keyboard... Light bulb dude because without him monitors would not exist... Bill Gates for inventing a computer that makes me crazy at least once a day... All the idiots in the world that constantly infuriate me... Skinny bitches, without you I would never get to say "eat something already"... And especially Blogger, who, with their VERY limited resources, managed to make this blog so easy to use... Thank you! You love me, you really love me! ::bows to nonexistent applause::

If I said I wasn't laughing through typing all that, I'd be such a liar lol

But seriously... (If I can actually pull off serious right now I'll be amazed, I'm so goofy today.)

It made me think about why I write. How much I bucked whenever my mom would say, "You'll be a writer someday." Ewww writer... that's SO dorky mom! Well, it is still dorky, but I learned to embrace my dorkdom.

I never EVER feel like I write anything that really MEANS something. So to have someone say, that at some point in time, I wrote something that meant something to them, means so much. To me, it's just whatever random thought happens to lurk in my brain for more than a few minutes and manages to get written down. Believe me, for a blonde, that's really hard to do. (And I hate that spell check keeps telling me blondE is wrong... Get a dictionary Blogger/Firefox.)

So, thanks Jimmy. It was mighty kind of ya.

And to pass on the award to my flying monkeys!

  • De- Always look forward to your comments, and to reading your blog. You make me smile! (Refraining from a link until further notice.)
  • Judi- You've been a reader for a long time, and you've always given great input. Your writing means so much to me!
  • Nancy- You remind me so much of my aunt Donna! There's a wonderful sweet glow that just radiates off of you.
  • To my Billiam aka Kittyman aka Will! You listen to all my bull before it's ever written. And you're a great editor lol
  • To my off and on readers, I do appreciate your visits, always.
  • To the lurkers that don't often comment, when you DO comment it makes my day! I like knowing I've written something you FINALLY had to comment on! (Even if it's to disagree with me lol)
  • To the people I can't officially give this to because they don't have blogs, but are good friends of mine and read this whenever they can, your emails and IMs to me mean a lot.
  • And I WOULD give it to Jimmy, but he's already gotten it once and then there'd be this endless circle and the madness must stop somewhere lol
Okay, that's it ya'll! Now save this graphic and go bestow it to all of YOUR flying monkeys! (You'd have to listen to local radio to get that, but believe me, flying monkey is good lol)

5 Comments:

Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Wow, Lily, that is SO cool, and you do deserve it, and thanks for mentioning me. I am honored!

:)

Judi

3/2/08 6:47 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Aww Lily....you are too kind. You make me feel like one special girl....er....aunt.
Hey, I'll take that!

Glad you're writing again...I missed ya.

Love,
Nance

3/2/08 9:11 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

You know it was my pleasure, Lady! Well-deserved.

4/2/08 12:11 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

This one you don't have to publish - I just wanted to let you know the name change is official. I got yelled at too many times for calling myself StupidJimmy. So it's my real-life nickname, "Lippy" from here on in.

4/2/08 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen this blog before. You are an amazing writer who seems deserving of every writer! ;)

Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs popularized the computer. Gates just jumpstarted Windowz. Bleh.

Go Apple! And Lily!

4/2/08 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home