Friday, October 6

Stress

I'm sitting here, wading through a pile of paperwork and sort of playing hooky. I should be typing up sales but instead I type up thoughts. Bad me. Bad bad Lily.

I've got a lot on my mind though. I can't help it. I'm easily distracted right now.

Oh I love this song. Bare Naked Ladies rock lol

What was I saying? Oh yeah...

I've been avoiding writing this because I don't want to get my hopes up but I really need to write it all down so. If my hopes fall, may their death be quick and painless. Or something like that.

I might be going to New York. The week after next.

Note the word MIGHT please.

You see, Will's dad is leaving for NC to spend his anniversary with his wife. (Will's mother had to follow her job there fyi) I can't afford a hotel. (Although if anyone can lend me about $1200 that'd be nice lol) I CAN afford a plane ticket. I CAN afford the norm expenses.

So here's the deal. Will and I have to convince his dad to let me stay there for a week while he's gone, and the day before he gets back I'd check into a hotel and spend a couple of nights so I can meet his father.

My parents said they want to pay for me to go.

So my parents are cool with it.

But his father...

I have no idea how we're going to ask him. It feels strange since I've only ever really talked to him once and I didn't get to meet him last year when I was in NYC.

How would you react if a girl your son knew yet you barely knew said she wanted to crash on your couch while your gone?

Not good right?

So my defense is I don't have money, and I want to meet his father. Which is true. Plus I haven't seen Will in a year and I have to admit it is killing me to no end.

Will and I have picked out the plane ticket and narrowed it down to a few hotels.

It all depends on his father, a man I barely know.

My stomach is in knots. I'm so freaked out that he'll say no. Not that I can entirely blame him. But my heart is so set on this.

But Will and I are going to ask him by the end of this week.

Ugh, my stomach just did a backflip. Someone tie it down.

I'm hoping, I'm praying, I'm wishing, I'm counting on him saying yes.

3 Comments:

Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Good luck, Lily! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

XO

J

6/10/06 5:19 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

Have you given any thought to staying at one of the Youth Hostel's in NYC?

6/10/06 10:00 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Hmm, end of the week is approaching...STRENGTH!!! lol

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out, ok?

Jimmy

12/10/06 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home