Friday, May 11

One Deep Breath, One Big Step

There are things I don't like to talk about. There are quite a few things I don't talk to anyone about. I simply don't mention them because I don't want to turn it into a "thing." No one has a clue what's going on with me right now. I haven't talked to anyone. I don't know how to.



I'm starting to come to grips with something I'm not willing to accept.

I'm such a good liar. I can laugh and smile and ignore what's staring me in the face. It's not there, that big elephant sitting in the corner. It's not there. The truth isn't true, what's real isn't happening, what hurts isn't me.

Why am I back here... Why is this happening again? I'm scared to death and smiling the whole time. I can't tell if my denial is a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't even know how to tell you about it. I really don't. If I make this public and talk about it, it means people will comment, and if they comment, I have to talk about it. I have to hear about it.

I'd have to accept everything. And I can't do that.

God, I know I haven't been the best, but this isn't right. Please don't let it happen God. Please. Give me strength. Don't let this fall apart.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now you have to tell me. I'm your twin, therefore entitled ;) Seriously though I AM Concerned

IM me on LoonarLanding (AIM)

~Me

12/5/07 5:45 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

This sounds ominous, Lily. Please know that I'm thinking of you, and sending good thoughts your way.

Judi

12/5/07 9:34 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

Hmm, I know what you mean about the reluctance. Of course, there's always email for a more selective audience...

12/5/07 9:51 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I'm not sure if this saying has any relevance to what you're going through, but my father used to tell me, "You can lie to me about anything. Just make sure you're not starting to lie to yourself".

Perhaps the purpose of this post is to admit to yourself that something is indeed wrong.

No one expects you to write or talk about something you don't want to. If there's anything I could possibly give to you right now, it would be clarity as things unfold. And of course, a compassionate ear should you ever need one.

Kris

13/5/07 11:25 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Wow, I just discovered your blog and I loved it...I hope whatever is going on in your life comes together for the best.

30/5/07 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home