Thursday, July 13

It's a Quiltishy Post



Here's the thing. I am a goofball. No, really, I am. Despite all the serious posts I can write, I'm an absolute friggin' idiot. Really. If you don't believe me ask my cat. He looks at me like I'm a moron enough.

I've done a lot of stupid things in my life. I have. I admit it. Asking mom if I could "delete" some leftovers from the fridge because they were of iffy nature. Diving wrong into a pool and doing an amazingly painful belly flop. Did I mention that it was off the highest diving board there? There were bruises. Falling down the stairs, three times, in one week. Developing a habit of saying "thingy" because I can't think of the proper name for an object. One time I was standing on the bed looking out the hotel window (Will can testify, he was standing there lol) and flopped onto the bed... smashing my knee into the wall.

I'm goofy. I'm a klutz. I know this.

But when moments like the ones above happen to me, I feel extra "special." You know, the short bus kind. (Before anyone goes off on me about insensitive to "mentally disabled" people, my cousin is autistic. It's not insensitivity. It's a joke. Lighten up.)



Lately, I've just felt goofy. Plain idiot goofy. Like spinning around in a chair for ten minutes just to see how sick I could make myself goofy. I haven't the faintest idea why.

My father's on the brink of a total nervous breakdown. For some reason, I'm finding his outbursts hilarious. Which only makes things worse lol

But I can't help it, him stomping around, cussing under his breath, reminds me of one of those bulls in a cartoon, stomping, all pissy, and trying to look mean lol I can't help it. It's hilarious.

I think I need to get away for a while and let this inner goof go run free in a field of flowers... Or in the mall with Nadia would work great too.



Oh by the way, for those that don't know, I suppose I should mention this. I don't have my driver's license, or a permit. Never been all that interested. Tuesday I went and took my test for my permit. And I passed in a blazing glory of 82%. I was ashamed of myself. Spending all my life in a car, and 82% was all I could manage. Damn my brain.

Anyway, when I called and told Nadia I passed, she screamed so loudly, I had to hold the phone away from my ear. I asked her, "You think this means I'll be driving you everywhere don't you?" She just laughed. Uh huh. I know where that little devilish mind of hers was at. And she's probably right. We will do more together. But mostly with Helen around. I'm not taking the heat for Nadia doing something stupid. (Her being a minor, and me being legal, means that whatever she screws with, I pay for. Lovely isn't it?)

Oh and the pictures are courtesy of my mother's mass forwards. She can't help herself, the forward button just tempts her so.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good insight, Lily. lol I'm a klutz too lol And congratulations for getting your permit. I got mine a few weeks ago.

-Julia
My Blog

13/7/06 1:28 PM  
Blogger betty said...

I understand totally; I'm a klutz. I can just walk into a wall without trying and forget trying to walk a straight line.

congrats on getting your permit!! Really, the freedom a license will give you is absolutely utterly amazing! (or maybe it will be the freedom your license will give your parents :)

betty

17/7/06 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home