Friday, June 30

100 Things About Me

I like to do these every now and then and I think now would be a good time to do it.

1. I believe that love without humor is like a soul without heart. Useless.

2. I believe that if you can't laugh at yourself, you'll never know true humor.

3. I believe everything happens for a reason, even when it hurts like hell.

4. I wish I didn't believe that sometimes.

5. I told myself I'd never marry a man that didn't think I was beautiful when sick and without makeup.

6. I told myself I'd never marry a man that didn't respect and love his mother, because how a man treats his mother is how he'll treat his wife in most cases.

7. I told myself I'd never ever be with a man in any way shape or form that was ashamed to cry in front of anyone.

8. I promised myself that I would never marry a man that didn't want a family, because raising strong healthy moral intelligent children is my foremost goal in life.

9. Above all else, I promised I would never marry a man that liked to drink, smoke, gamble, or get high.

10. Will has called me beautiful when I was sick and before I put on my makeup, I know how much he loves his mother, he's not ashamed to cry, he wants a family, and he's not fond of any of the aforementioned, and I am utterly in love with him.

11. I didn't show Will a picture of me until a few weeks before we met because I was terrified of what he'd think.

12. I really wish I could undo that, because he's made me feel beautiful.

13. I think I talk about him too much sometimes lol

14. My friends are all bugging me about when he's going to come because they're dying to meet him lol

15. I don't think Will likes Nadia too much...

16. ...and I understand why lol

17. I'm scared to death of getting my business started.

18. I think I'm going to fail, but I'm not letting it stop me.

19. I've come to realize I never stop changing, only my core stays the same.

20. I've developed a huge love of green and pink this year and I have no idea why lol

21. I'm calling it my watermelon phase, since those are the shades I'm liking lol

22. Getting to twenty-two was almost too easy for me lol

23. The only person who honestly knows everything about me (everything I can think of anyway lol) is Will.

24. I keep a lot of secrets from my parents, but only things I know would hurt them.

25. Besides that I'm really very open with them.

26. I wish I could take back everything I've ever said to Will during a fight. I'm never fair then, and I always take the wrong route and I know that.

27. For some reason, knowing it, and changing it, are two totally different things to me.

28. I miss Angie.

29. She's like my older sister, we've spent half our lives together.

30. She's now 19 weeks pregnant, and I wish I could be there for her.

31. I'm upset that she's pregnant, but I know she'll be a wonderful mom.

32. I half want her to move up here so I can live with her and help take care of the baby when it's born.

33. If she agreed to, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

34. I really need to vacuum my room and take a shower but I'm being lazy and writing in here instead.

35. I'm hoping Will is having a good time with his mother, this is the first time he's seen her in months.

36. She lives in NC, and that makes me sad for him, because I know how much he loves her and how she eased tensions between him and his father.

37. I hate that she's not there to buffer their relationship.

38. I think she's probably a very strong woman who I'll love dearly.

39. I really am excited at the idea of them being my in-laws.

40. I miss having baby animals around.

41. I really want a baby bird, I enjoy the work it takes.

42. I need to buy more Craft Mates 7 compartment storage containers for my beads.

43. I wonder how many people know my birthday, and how many even care.

44. I miss Will.

45. I missed saying the Lord's Prayer. Feels good to say it again.

46. I hate losing my way with God, but I know I need to now and then because it reminds me of what I have. It's all part of my process and I know God forgives me for it.

47. I think I'm the black sheep in my family, because no one understands me, even though I try to get them to.

48. I love Oreck vacuum cleaners. They are awesome.

49. I'm anxious to move out but I know I can't yet. I'm still needed here.

50. I'm trying to prepare a lot of things that I really don't want to tell people about because I don't want the mountains of advice I'd get.

51. I know you can't give advice to people that don't want it.

52. I wish more people would listen to my advice lol

53. I only say that because I usually AM right.

54. I wish people didn't think that because I like to be silly and sweet that it makes me naive.

55. I really hate being called naive.

56. I'd be shocked if anyone that knows me hasn't realized that by now lol

57. People that REALLY know me, know that there's so much more to me than what you see at first.

58. By at first, I mean the first few years. lol

59. Broccoli bugs me. lol

60. I don't understand why some people have to always be right.

61. I hate that the media is ripping Star Jones apart. I don't really like her, but I do understand why she's gotten to be the way she is. If I had to take as much crap as she's had to, I think I'd be a little "f*** you" too lol

62. I don't think many people hear anymore, even though plenty listen.

63. I do think that media is biased, no matter the view. I wish there was someone that was at least bias one way half the time and the way the other half lol At least then it'd seem fair.

64. I know a guy in Iraq. I'm proud of him. He's only a year older than me and he's getting ready to come home.

65. My family has fought in every war the US has been in, since the beginning.

66. My aunt traced my family history back to Scotland, and in Scotland back to when my family had a castle.

67. Still really weird to think my family has a castle with their name slapped on it lol

68. My dad was a Marine

69. My mom's cousin was one of the first, if not the first, high ranking female Navy officers.

70. I had one cousin that thought about going into engineering in the Air Force. He had skills that surpassed most people. He decided not to and now he sits around getting drunk with his dad.

71. I know he only does it to get closer to his dad.

72. I know that the reason he does that to get closer is because his brother was the golden child.

73. His brother drowned in the creek behind their house when he was seventeen. I was fourteen. It was his little sister's birthday and she found his body in the creek because the dogs were barking at it. He was officially declared dead the next day. It was my aunt's birthday.

74. I don't think his father has ever even started to heal.

75. It was the winter after my grandpa had died, and the winter before my grandma died.

76. I've never really gotten over having the deaths that close together.

77. I miss my grandma every day and always wish I had her advice.

78. I know she'd have loved Will, for no other reason than he makes me happy.

79. I wish my grandpa Clyde was still alive. I wish I could really remember him. It breaks my heart that I don't.

80. I'm scared of most men. It takes me a while to trust most of them. I got hurt by too many.

81. I don't think people realize everything that's happened to me.

82. I don't think I realize everything that's happened to me.

83. People should realize how much of an effect everything they say has on a little kid.

84. I wish it'd rain.

85. I miss fireflies.

86. I miss Patrick and Austin.

87. I wish I could blink and be five again, just for a moment.

88. I know if I could, I'd be miserable because I'd never want to grow up.

89. Hell, I never wanted to grow up in the first place lol I knew I had it made! lol

90. I'm exhausted but determind to finish this.

91. I'm thinking of cutting my hair off to my shoulder blades.

92. My hair is to my hips.

93. I think Will would kill me lol He loves my hair the way it is.

94. I don't think I'll cut it. But I'm tempted.

95. I'm tempted because today it was 97 degrees and humid lol

96. In '96 I met a boy I had a mild obsession with for the next three years lol

97. One of my best friends fell in love with him and I wish she'd tell him so they'd get married. They're both wonderful people.

98. I always dream, every night.

99. It's been years since I slept a night without dreaming.

100. Now it's time to go dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home