Monday, January 9

Sunset



But beauty seen is never lost,
God’s colors all are fast;
The glory of this sunset heaven
Into my soul has passed…..

-John Greenleaf Whittier, "Sunset on the Bearcamp"


I long for the solitude
of a sunset at sea,
and the chill of the breeze
coming in with the eve.
For the motion of my boat,
as she swings on her rode,
and the beauty of the stars,
in the evenings last glow.

-R.C. Gibbons, "I Long"


"I don't know what you could say about a day in which you have seen four beautiful sunsets."

-John Glenn


"What is life? It is a flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

- Crowfoot

1 Comments:

Blogger betty said...

beautiful picture and entry, Lily!

betty

9/1/06 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home