Friday, January 6

Long Distance (Part 2)

Well TODAY we got another call. From Vanuatu. I teased mom that they were calling to wish her a happy birthday lol

Today is my mom's 51st birthday. So far, not a soul has called to wish her happy birthday... until five minutes ago. I heard her cell ringing and since I was stretched out on the floor in the office near her cell I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey there!" My uncle Richard, mom's older brother.

"Oh well hi!"

"Happy birthday!"

"Uh I'm not me," I laughed.

"Oh dang it I swear you sound just like your mama."

"Yeah, I know, people always think I'm her." I'm laughing really hard.

I hand mom the phone and told her he wished me a happy birthday lol Ah, good to get a nice laugh today. Really needed it.

Oh and btw, after 15 days without sun, I just saw the sun come out. Hey, it might have been a few seconds, but I saw the sun damn it lol And no, I didn't stare, I'm not that blonde lol

Grandma will be coming down in about... three hours. She's spending the night with us since it's mom's birthday. It'll be nice to see her, I'm just worried about getting nailed down into a Q&A with her about Will. Well, more Q than A since she talks so fast and so much I can hardly get a word in lol Oh well, maybe I can avoid it. ::sigh:: She'll see him this summer so I wish she'd just relax. Grandmas are worse than moms, I swear lol

Well, dad just got into work so I'll go visit. Talk to ya'll later!

4 Comments:

Blogger betty said...

Happy birthday Lily's mom! I hope you had a good day. You have such a delightful daughter!

I had to laugh, Lily, when you said grandmothers were worse than moms. That is so true!!

Enjoy!

betty

6/1/06 6:51 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

My grandmother had just as much of an influence on my childhood as my own mother as they both pretty much raised me. But I would notice that if one put of them put her foot down, the other would become much more lenient.

Good luck with the 20 questions from Grams, lol.

6/1/06 10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mom!!! :)

I always get confused for my mother on the phone too. It comes in handy when she asks me to make calls, she doesn't want to make ... Which is... uh 98% of them LMAO

7/1/06 8:57 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That is always crappy when people forget your bday.

11/1/06 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home