Thursday, February 23

"Who the Hell...?"

Right now I'm sitting here stuck between anger and tired. Caught between cleaning and typing this entry.

Okay, your best friend has an AOL screen name. You have AOL installed but no account. Your friend offers to let you borrow theirs to install AIM since all you want is the instant messenger. You accept their offer knowing full well that the screen name their offering is a private screen name that only a few people know about.

You do which of the following?

A) Respect that person's privacy and download AIM right away.
B) You use it to IM your friend, and wait a few days to install AIM.
C) You show utter lack of respect and put 15 people you don't even know and met in chat rooms on their buddy list and change the settings around to suit you and don't install AIM.


Hmm... Lemme see... I think A is the right answer don't you?

I let Nadia use my private screen name for the past two weeks, I haven't made a fuss over it, I don't use it often but it has been bothering me.

I see two emails in that account and check them.

Whoa. Wait. I don't know this person. And this is really disgusting...

I then notice five people online showing on my buddy list I don't even KNOW and have never heard of.

Enter brakes screeching.


I instantly changed the password on my screen name, delete all the emails and clear out the buddy list, changing all my settings back to the highest privacy.

It's been thirty minutes and I'm still fuming at her. She KNEW that was a private screen name, that I was only letting her borrow it to download AIM.

Oh by the way I looked to see who the people were on my buddy list. They were all from NYC, and I looked at the pictures. They were all females and dressed very slutty I might add. Nadia is 15 years old and I'm like her big sister. I'm trying to figure out a way to talk to her without her shutting me out.

Nadia lies, I know this. But she's never lied to me because the first few times she did I wouldn't buy it. She knows she can't get away with it with me. I know Nadia is headed down a very bad path and I've tried desperately to keep her from it.

She shoplifts, I know that. I've caught her a few times and slapped her once for trying to do it with me around. (Let's just say one thing she was trying to steal would not be found at your local Wal Mart. We'd have been in jail. Me since I'm the older one and responsible for her. She's a minor.) She meets people online and lies about how she looks, how old she is, where she lives, when she's back home in Chicago she hangs out with guys in gangs, she gets into catfights. I seem to be the only one in her life that puts my foot down and she listens. I don't know WHY that is, but it is. Nadia desperately needs parents. REAL parents that will actually give her punishments rather than empty threats.

Grr... I'm just brewing now. I'm going to have to call her tonight and ask her what the HELL she was doing.

No. No, not on the phone, she'll ignore me. Maybe we'll go out to the mall. Yeah, I can talk to her there without worrying. I have got to get it through her stubborn head that she's going to end up in a lot of trouble.

::sigh:: Sorry, just consider this a worried rant. I don't know what I'm going to do with this girl...

2 Comments:

Blogger betty said...

(((Lily))) email me and tell me who Nadia is (a relative??) I can understand why you are so frustrated with her. Hope you had a chance to talk with her.....

betty

24/2/06 3:22 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That has to suck....sounds like she needs some sort of "social service" to be applied to aid her.
http://journals.aol.com/sugar1337/Disobeyingtherulesofconvention/

1/3/06 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home