Friday, November 30

Good Sized Rant, Small Celebration, With a Touch of Humor

So my parents are becoming the grumpy old people everyone hates living near but doesn't mind getting trapped in conversation with every now and then... Until they start to rant that is.

Listen, I love my folks. I do. I really really do. But they're a tad bit unbearable.

My mother has taken to being EXACTLY like her parents. In all the bad ways. She's taken to ranting about politics. Specifically Hilary Clinton. I don't particularly LIKE Clinton. I prefer to ignore her when at all possible. Life is more enjoyable that way. The same goes for ignoring Frist. The heart surgeon who apparently became a brain expert while studying a video of Terri Schiavo. I'm sorry but that was just stupid. I'm not fond of any political extreme. Period.

I'm not particularly anything, but if I had to go with something I'd say Republican. Although I do say it with some reluctance lately. My desire for new political blood, is VERY very strong. Call it being tired of everything eventually having the phrase "during Vietnam" come up. Or call it frustration that all I've ever known is a bickering over whether "my president can kick your president's ass!" (AKA Bush/Clinton vs Clinton/Bush.)

But my mother... god bless her... has become rather... oh... Hate filled. She's made her number one mission to prove to me that Hilary Clinton is pure evil. Now WHY I don't really know. I'm not going to vote for her, so what does it matter? I don't like her, I don't like her stances on many things. I ain't voting for her. Period. If I HAD to vote Democrat it would be someone I find a tad bit more sane and reliable.

She emailed me a clip from youtube that's apparently from some upcoming doc about Clinton. I'd heard everything in it before. "She knew evil dude that stole shit and then lied that she knew him!" Duh. She's a politician. What did you expect? Politician + Unfavorable news = Lying ass off. Doesn't take a genius to figure THAT one out. Remember! He did not inhale. (A quick thank you to Obama for admitting he did drugs. What teenagers HAVEN'T? I know three, and I'm including MYSELF in that. Otherwise everyone I KNOW did drugs at some point in their lives, though I don't think I know any that are currently doing so.)

Then she asks if I saw the video (which she so kindly emailed to me THREE times....) and I said yes but nothing in it was new to me. Then she began ranting to my father.... Ohhhh yay here we go. I went into the kitchen and spent five minutes running my hands under water until I could hear her change the subject.

Please, dear god, don't ever let me turn into that part of her. Let me be my father in that area. He's flexible and rational and moderate. He's sane. Let me inherit that gene.

Of course, I DON'T want to inherit my father's temper. He's gotten to be REALLY grumpy short tempered old man. He belongs in Minnesota. (They filmed Grumpy Old Men not far from my grandma's house for those of you who don't know.)

He actually got so pissed a while back he stormed out of the house slamming the door back into the wall. There's a hole from the doorknob we haven't yet patched.

Like I said, he's developed a temper. Which I'm not so good at ducking anymore. Something about getting older makes you less likely to take crap from your parents. Why is that? You should get older and SMARTER about these things, not more bullheaded.

Okay, there's the rant part.

Now the celebration!

Will's coming here in January. I'm so excited. I miss him so much and I love spending days just curled up on the couch with him. Plus we might be moving then, and I can put him to work packing lol Some vacation for him huh?

After that I'll be forcing myself to get my GED and find another job. I really hate working for my parents. I've had as much as I can take. The disorganization, the parental control they try and put on me when I'm doing my JOB. More than I can take anymore. And I CERTAINLY don't get paid enough. I'm hoping they can do what I do without me, but I set everything about the bookkeeping up and I don't know if they can keep it up without me. They're both awful with paperwork. ESPECIALLY my father.

But Will's going to be here for mom's birthday and that's cool to me. I'm hoping we can go bowling. (BTW does anyone know if bowling alleys carry a size 14? Will has big feet lol But they suit him! He'll never believe that when he reads this lol) But mom's been touchy about her birthday and I have no idea why. It's not any monumental birthday. It's 53. What's so awful about that one?

I think Will's going to squeeze in a job between classes when he gets back too. Something part time. Anyone know anyone in NYC hiring? lol

Besides that I'm alright. I'm doing better than my last update entry. Things have seemed to calm down in me. I'm hoping when Will's here he can help me study for my GED. He makes me feel less stupid when I ask questions.

Oh AND we're supposedly going to get a ton of snow dumped on up tomorrow. I have no idea if that's true. I'd like it to be. I want snow. I miss it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Drop me a line and let me know who all is alive! lol

3 Comments:

Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

Hey, I'm becoming a grumpy old person myself! :)

You'll ace the GED, Lily. You are SO bright.

And finally (I saved the best for last), I LOVE that Will is coming for a visit in January. I may be grumpy now, but I remember when I was not...

Listen to Frank singing Hello Young Lovers...that's where I am these days (and besides, it's such a great song...)

J

1/12/07 5:33 PM  
Blogger Lippy said...

I passed old and grumpy a long time ago :)

The nice thing is, as long as there are things to celebrate, the rants are a lot more easy to take. Don't forget that as people get older, it seems their worlds (and thus their audiences) shrink down, leaving a select few as the captive audience. Guess who you are? lol

Enjoy your visit with Will. I hope the arctic snows spare you and don't screw things up too much for you.

2/12/07 1:31 PM  
Blogger goddessdivine said...

Grumpy's ok, in moderation.

I'm far from a Hillary fan, but I guess that diatribe would get old.

You seem pretty smart to me...you lean more to the right; always a sign of intelligence ;-) I'm always to the right; just wish more candidates would be.

Good luck with the studies.

2/12/07 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home